sign up today and save big on your next order
The Cream-Tone is a blues players dream come true with a wonderful almost transparent tone through to a slight midrange bump for being heard in the mix. Strat's take on the "Texas Tone" while Tele's can pull off open string runs with sparking clarity.
Our aim was to develop a pedal geared towards vintage tone freaks. Each pedal is hand-made using the finest quality components and tested to ensure that it preserves the guitars natural tone.
New for Humbucker Players
We have been asked by a few "175" and "335" players for a "less drive" mod, so we added a couple of switches inside, to allow you to customise your G2D Cream-Tone to your guitar and playing style. Click here to find out more.
The Cream-Tone features true bypass as well as a Solo switch for volume boost when you are soloing.
Posted by Unknown on 28th Mar 2016
My preferred volume settings are in 3 levels
1. Plain guitar sound (use the volume pedal to control)
2. Drive sound at a max 5% more than "plain guitar sound" volume.
3. Solo guitar sound at a max 25% more than "plain guitar sound"
I am not sure the pedal makers put in a audio taper POT for level and drive.
For a year now , I had been searching around for a drive pedal that does not become extra loud beyond the level knob = 1/2. My settings for the Cream Tone is as follows
Volume = 9 O clock
Tone = 12 O clock
Solo = 9 O clock
Drive = 3 O clock
Tested on the following
- Saint Blues Mississippi Blues Master - Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB & SH-1n 59
- Hardtail Stratocaster - Fralins Split Blade Stock
- Saint Blues White Lightning - Fralins Alnico Poles P90s
- Hardtail Strat - Fralins Blues Specials
- Suhr Classic Pro - Stock Pickups